Saturday, June 15, 2013

Playlist for June 15, 2013:

8am Hour:
(Artist/Song/Album)

Bonnie Raitt, You've Been in Love Too Long, Takin' My Time

Doc and Merle Watson, I Recall a Gypsy Woman, Lonesome Road

Marianne Faithfull, As Tears Go By, Greatest Hits

Kinks, Tired of Waiting for You, Kinks-Size

Dave Clark Five, Can't You See That She's Mine, The Dave Clark Five

Blodwyn Pig, Dear Jill, Ahead Rings Out

Jethro Tull, A Passion Play Edit 6 & 7, A Passion Play (Disc for Radio Stations)

Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Don't Kill It Carol, Angel Station

Tom Waits, Ol' '55, Closing Time

King Crimson, The Sheltering Sky, Discipline

David Bowe, Changes, Ziggy Stardust The Motion Picture


9am Hour:

Flock, Big Bird, Dinosaur Swamps

Barefoot Jerry, I'm Proud To Be A Redneck, Grocery

Atlanta Rhythm Section, Back Up Against The Wall, Back Up Against The Wall

Dixie Dregs, Free Fall, Free Fall

Asleep At The Wheel, Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens, Collision Course

Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen,  Beat Me Daddy Eight To The Bar, Lost In The Ozone

Stealers Wheel, Stuck In The Middle With You, The Best Of Stealers Wheel

Bachman Turner Overdrive, Lookin' Out For No. 1, Head On

Badfinger, Take It All, Straight Up

Spirit, Nature's Way, Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus

Nilsson, Spaceman, Son Of Schmilsson

Todd Rundgren, Love Of The Common Man, The Definitive Rock Collection

Little Feat, Voices On The Wind, Let It Roll












3 comments:

  1. Just dug out my Flock album.
    Thanks for the audio treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great show.
    My family is beginning to wonder why I get up early Saturday morning and disappear into the basement for a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your show one Saturday morning ~8 months ago on my way to the barber shop of all things. WRAS is one of my 6 presets (4 in the <92 range :) and I was flipping though them. WOW! Stanley Clarke! Took me back to college in the early 80's and WEGL (Auburn's student radio).

    Within a month I had my old turntable hooked to my laptop to rip some vinyl and relive parts of my life musically I'd forgotten. Amazing how the deep cuts bring back old times and memories of friends mostly forgotten.

    My and some buds drove up from AU to see Return to Forever at the Fox in '81-82. It's still one of my top 3 live shows (Dregs reunion with prgnant wife and ELP are kinda tied with it).

    I'm listening to your show every Saturday morning I can. Kudos Jeff, keep up the outstanding work.

    Cheers!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments to this family-friendly, moderated blog. To keep you from being disappointed, I don't profess to be an expert in music, play only deep cuts, and be a music snob. I listened to top 40 and liked it. And I do repeat songs because I pull music off the wall on the fly - just like the old days.