Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday, January 18, 2014

8:00 a.m.

(Artist/Song/Album)

Fleetwood Mac, Did You Ever Love Me, Penguin

Fleetwood Mac, Nightwatch, Penguin

Peter Gabriel, Solsbury Hill, Peter Gabriel

Tom Waits, Closing Time, Closing Time

Led Zeppelin, Since I've Been Loving You, Led Zeppelin III

Allman Brothers, Ain't Wastin' Time No More, Eat A Peach

Staple Singers, Respect Yourself, Be Altitude: Respect Yourself

Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Teach Your Children, Deja Vu

Thermos Greenwood, Space Song, Pin Head Teddy

Elvin Bishop, Party 'Till The Cows Come Home, Tulsa Shuffle

NRBQ, Puddin' Truck, NRBQ (the 1999 yellow album)

Little Feat, Old Folks Boogie, Waiting For Columbus


9:00 a.m.

A replay of the program aired on WRAS January 18, 2001 on the 30th anniversary of the station, which included a recording of the first hour of the station, at 11a.m. January 18, 1971. Featured are Dean Kenneth England and Richard Belcher, the first General Manager. Dale Bennett was the first DJ.

2 comments:

  1. WRAS used to play Darryl Rhoades and the Hahavishnu orchestra from time to time. Have any of their work you can play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Burgers From Heaven and I think one other album, but thanks for reminding me - it was several months ago that I played him last. He was by far the sharpest wit in Atlanta in the 70's and 80's...and I assume still is.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments to this family-friendly, moderated blog. To keep you from being disappointed, I don't profess to be an expert in music, play only deep cuts, and be a music snob. I listened to top 40 and liked it. And I do repeat songs because I pull music off the wall on the fly - just like the old days.