Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday, April 12, 2014

8 a.m. Hour

Joe Cocker, Let's Go Get Stoned, Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, Bumpin' On Sunset, Straight Ahead

Bob Seger, Good For Me, Against The Wind

Bruce Springsteen, The E Street Shuffle, The Wild The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle

Brewer & Shipley, Witchi-Tai-To, One Toke Over The Line: The Best Of

Harry Chapin, I Wonder What Would Happen To This World, The Gold Medal Collection

Jimmy Buffett, Grapefruit Juicy Fruit, A White Sport Coat And A Pink Crustacean

Shawn Phillips, We, The Best Of Shawn Phillips - The A&M Years

Melanie, Look What The've Done To My Song Ma?, Candles In The Rain

The Flying Machine, Smile A Little Smile For Me, Super Hits Of The 70's - Have A Nice Day V.1

Spirit, Mr. Skin, Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus


9 a.m. Hour:


9 a.m. Hour: (RIP Ray Manzarek)

Doors, Light My Fire, The Doors

Doors, Texas Radio And The Big Beat, Alive She Cried

Doors, Love Me Two Times, Alive She Cried

Doors, Awake, An American Prayer

Doors, Ghost Song, An American Prayer

Doors, Dawn's Highway, An American Prayer

Doors, Do It, The Soft Parade

Doors, The Crystal Ship, The Doors

Doors, The Soft Parade, The Soft Parade

Les Dudek, City Magic, Les Dudek

Darryl Rhoades, Burgers From Heaven, Burgers From Heaven

Thermos Greenwood, Space Song, Pin Head Teddy

Paul Simon, Loves Me Like A Rock, Anthology

Raelettes, Leave My Man Alone, Hits And Rarities

Guess Who, Dancin' Fool, Flavours

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Saturday mornings because of your show!! You just played the Spirit song, which I haven't heard for maybe 40 years. You are a great music historian, and my husband and I talk about whatever song is playing and what we were doing at that time. Great out-of-the-box stuff that we will never hear on regular radio. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those kind words. I wish I were a real historian, but being at WRAS for 38 years has certainly been an education. There's nothing like hearing a song again since you heard it last maybe 40 years ago - that can really make your day.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments to this family-friendly, moderated blog. To keep you from being disappointed, I don't profess to be an expert in music, play only deep cuts, and be a music snob. I listened to top 40 and liked it. And I do repeat songs because I pull music off the wall on the fly - just like the old days.