Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday, April 19, 2014

(I'll be attending Capt' Herb Emory's memorial service this morning, so please enjoy this rebroadcast. I had the pleasure of serving with Herb on the board of the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame last year. He was a much beloved traffic reporter in Atlanta for many years. I tried my hand at traffic reporting in the early 1980s, working with Officer Jerry Price, the man who preceded Herb at WSB-AM. It is a tough job with stress-inducing hours. Herb also had the honor of having the highest "Q Ratings" in Atlanta radio - which means people really loved him. Cap'n, don't forget to report all the ladders in the roads up in heaven...even if they are paved with gold...)

Artist, Song, Album

8am Hour:

David Bowie, Round And Round, Bowie Rare (RIP Trevor Bolder)

Uriah Heep, Roller, Innocent Victim

David Bowie, Velvet Goldmine, Bowie Rare
-
Spooky Tooth, Better By You Better Than Me, Spooky Two

Sugarloaf, Lookin' For Some Fun, I Got A Song

Sugarloaf, Round And Round, I Got A Song

Electric Light Orchestra, Do Ya, A New World Record

Joni Mitchell, Free Man In Paris, Court And Spark

Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Woodstock, Deja Vu

Scott McKenzie, San Francisco, (single)

Brooklyn Bridge, Nights In White Satin, The Brooklyn Bridge

Yes, Yours Is No Disgrace, The Yes Album

Elton John, Elderberry Wine, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player


9am Hour:

Fairport Convention, Angel Delight, Angel Delight

Mike Bloomfield-Al Kooper-Steve Stills, His Holy Modal Majesty, Super Session

Golden Earring, Vanilla Queen, Moontan

Average White Band, Work to Do, Average White Band

Warren Zevon, Excitable Boy, Excitable Boy

Jesse Colin Young, Grey Day, Light Shine

Triumvrat, I Believe, Old Loves Die Hard

Chuck Mangione, Main Squeeze, Main Squeeze

John Mayall, Room to Move, Best Of

1 comment:

  1. I hope he and Keith Kalland are having a great time together.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments to this family-friendly, moderated blog. To keep you from being disappointed, I don't profess to be an expert in music, play only deep cuts, and be a music snob. I listened to top 40 and liked it. And I do repeat songs because I pull music off the wall on the fly - just like the old days.