Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday, August 24, 2013

(Artist, Song, Album)

8 a.m. hour:

James Taylor, Instrumental II (Suite), One Man Dog

Joni Mitchell, If I Had A King, Song To A Seagull

Michael Franks, Popsicle Toes, Best Of

The Osmonds, Down By The Lazy River, The Best Of/Millennium Collection

Blind Faith, Well Allright, Blind Faith

Ten Years After, 50000 Miles Beneath My Brain, Tricklewood Green

Gentle Giant, Pantagruel's Nativity, Acquiring the Taste

Brain Auger's Oblivion Express, Truth, Second Wind

Jeff Beck, All Shook Up, Beck-Ola


9 a.m. hour:

George Benson, Six To Four, Breezin'

Brian Auger's Oblivion Express, Bumpin' On Sunset, Live Oblivion

Gino Vanelli, People Gotta Move, The Best Of/Millennium Collection

Buck Owens & His Buckaroos, If You Ain't Lovin', If You Ain't Lovin'

Uriah Heep, Look At Yourself,  Look At Yourself

ZZ Top, Francine, Rio Grande Mud

Five Man Electrical Band, I'm A Stranger Here, Best Of

Carl Stalling, Hillbilly Hare, The Carl Stalling Project, Music from Warner Brothers Cartoons 1936-1958

Joe Tex, Show Me, Show Me: The Hits And More

Emerson Lake & Palmer, Hoedown, Trilogy

Amboy Dukes, Journey To The Center Of The Mind, Journey To The Center Of The Mind

Guess Who, Dancin' Fool, The Greatest Of The Guess Who

Steely Dan, Chain Lightning, Katy Lied







8 comments:

  1. Another great playlist, THANKS! Makes working on Saturday morning much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good show, again.

    Uriah Heep, ELP, Blind Faith and a James Taylor tune I haven't heard since when I had hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You played something around the last quarter of the 8 o clock hour that I can't seem to find here... is that really all the stuff you played?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the 8:00 hour is correct as listed here but I was trying to get the Jeff Beck cut to play and it didn't, so it was incorrectly introduced. The set after The Osmonds began with Blind Faith. The Jeff Beck cut did play at the end of the show. Sorry about the confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did WRAS actually ever play something by the Osmands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I was one of the DJs in the 70s that did.

      Delete
  6. What a playlist!
    Thanks for the Melanie ;-)
    I'd really love to send some new music that sound quite old your way.
    Please let me know if you're up for receiving new music from Bob Miller and Nimrod Wildfire
    and Matt Backer, who is the guitarist for ABC, Bananarama, Nick Heyward and more
    http://mattbacker.com
    Wish I still lived in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love listening to your show, Jeff! Was wondering if you have any SWEET? in your catalog? They're one of those bands I listened to peripherally in real time but really appreciate them today. "Love is like Oxygen" or "Ballroom Blitz" & "Little Willy" I remember hearing on commercial radio. If not this week maybe next slide something on turntable?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments to this family-friendly, moderated blog. To keep you from being disappointed, I don't profess to be an expert in music, play only deep cuts, and be a music snob. I listened to top 40 and liked it. And I do repeat songs because I pull music off the wall on the fly - just like the old days.