Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday, May 24, 2014

8 a.m. Hour:

Buffalo Springfield, Sit Down I Think I Love You, Buffalo Springfield

Bob Dylan, The Gates Of Eden, Bringing It All Back Home

Frank Zappa, Don't Eat The Yellow Snow/O'Blivion, Apostrophe(')

Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Lookin' Out For No. 1, Head On

Nilsson, Spaceman, Son Of Schmilsson

David Bowie, The Jean Jeanie, Aladdin Sane

Meat Loaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light, Bat Out Of Hell

JJ Cale, Cocaine, The Definitive Collection

JJ Cale, Call Me The Breeze, The Definitive Collection

JJ Cale, Crazy Mama, The Definitive Collection


9 a.m. Hour:

Chicago, Make Me Smile/Color My World, Chicago II

Steely Dan, Midnight Cruiser, Can't Buy A Thrill

Steely Dan, Brooklyn, Can't Buy A Thrill (David Palmer vocals)

Little Feat, Old Folks Boogie, Waiting For Columbus

Elvin Bishop, Juke Joint Jump, The Best Of Elvin Bishop

Joni Mitchell, Free Man In Paris, Court And Spark

James Taylor, Country Road, Sweet Baby James

Three Dog Night, Family Of Man, The Complete Hit Singles

Atlanta Rhythm Section, Crazy, Dog Days

Allman Brothers Band, Melissa, Eat A Peach

Friends Of Distinction, Grazing In The Grass,The Best Of





6 comments:

  1. Sadly this is my first post, and I can't believe the show is nearing its end. Great show, great host! Thanks and I hope you can keep it going online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would anyone be interested in some sort of Reeling meetup to celebrate the show and mourn its demise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. J/W: you sound like Judy Garland in her Final Days.......you should take a ride w/me on a Saturday "July" morning listening to Uriah Heep live........its fun in a vintage Urraco, and, soon you will be ready to work w/live music.....Swami Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless, Jeff. I want to thank you for your show. You got me thru a lot of long Saturdays, you, and all the shows that followed you. I hope I can still listen online., because the world needs another NPR station like I need another Wife. Love your show, and keep pulling records off the wall.....
    wik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff,

    I missed your show Saturday because I had to be out of state due to family concerns. My partner phoned me to tell me you were reminiscing about my co-worker, Phil Jones, during your show. I am sorry I missed it. He talks very fondly about his undergrad experience at Ga State and WRAS, and I know he would be very flattered to know that you discussed him on-air.

    Also, is Reeling in the Years going to be carried on the streaming audio broadcasts in the future. Everyone in my household is sorely disappointed that so much good college-originated programming at Ga State is not longer going over the usual analog airwaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great show today Jeff! Thanks for all you have done for so many people through the years. Well done, very well done!
    Sincerely,
    Steven Bearden
    Marietta, GA

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments to this family-friendly, moderated blog. To keep you from being disappointed, I don't profess to be an expert in music, play only deep cuts, and be a music snob. I listened to top 40 and liked it. And I do repeat songs because I pull music off the wall on the fly - just like the old days.